Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC) is seeking a Lead Preservationist. As one of the nation’s longest-standing non-profit video and audio preservation organizations, BAVC remains a leader in the field, developing the highest quality preservation standards and practices while working with individuals and cultural, academic, and media organizations to meet a range of needs for preserving historically and artistically important video and audio materials.
In close collaboration with the Preservation Manager, the Lead Preservationist will work to produce the highest quality preservation master files for clients. They will also work on ongoing projects within the department to promote BAVC’s continued excellence in the field of audiovisual archiving.
- Videotape digitization to preservation standard specifications
- Client services
- Technician guidance and training
- Preservation project coordination
- Quality control
- Video capture station setup
- Legacy equipment care and light maintenance
- Work closely with QC Tools Manager on testing and documentation
- Degree in moving image archiving studies or related field
- Understanding of current archival best practices in relation to video preservation
- Experience working with legacy video technology
- Familiarity with signal flow, analog capture workflows, patch bay setup, time base correctors, and use of scopes to ensure broadcast range adherence
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Grant writing experience
- Knowledge of command line usage, FFmpeg
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML
- Confident and creative approach to problem solving
- Extensive interest in video technology and video preservation
- Enthusiasm for community outreach and education
This is a full time position. Please email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.