IAMHIST is managed by the Council, as duly elected representatives of the membership. The council consists of the IAMHIST president and 11 council members and meets once (even years) or twice (uneven years) a year to plan and administer upcoming conferences, events and initiatives. Every two years, an online election of council members is organised among the members. The results are announced at the biennial IAMHIST conference.
We are currently seeking candidates for the 2017 election taking place in May-June 2017. There will be six vacancies on the council. We invite applications from individuals who meet the following criteria:
– you are scholar or media practitioner working in the field of media history/media and history
– you are a IAMHIST member and/or you have attended IAMHIST events in the past
– you commit to attending council meetings and IAMHIST events
– you are available for at least four years
– you are prepared to take on responsibilities for a selection of specific IAMHIST events or activities, such as prizes, coaching activities, website administration or community management etc.
IAMHIST is an equal opportunity organisation. As the organisation is devoted to furthering the careers of early career researchers and media practitioners, we especially encourage these individuals to step forward.
If you are interested in standing for election, please get in touch with IAMHIST vice-president Leen Engelen (info-contact@IAMHIST.org) before May 15th 2017.